In many ways, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and the Cambridge O levels are identical.
As a result, there is often some ambiguity over which is the preferable option for students.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The standard is similar to the British GCSE and GCE O levels.
- Likewise, candidates may take one or more IGCSE subjects to qualify for the ICE (International Certificate of Education).
- IGCSE grades range from A* (highest) to G (lowest). In spite of that, some disciplines have a core curriculum (C-G) and an extended curriculum (A*-C). These include also knowledge, comprehension, initiative, problem-solving skills, oral and practical ability.
- Students gain information just as understanding, and the ability to apply what they have learned.
- The course work option in various areas yet allows teachers to participate in the assessment process.
- IGCSE also leads to higher education and employment.
Cambridge O Levels
- There are fewer grading levels in the Cambridge O Levels. Candidates are scored on a scale of A* to E, with A* being the highest grade and E being the lowest.
- There are fewer course work possibilities available for IGCSE than there are for IGCSE.
- In certain situations, the curricula have been revised or adjusted to better match the needs of the local community, including the inclusion of regional languages. When evaluating candidates’ reading and writing talents and skills, the O level is more important than the other levels.
- There are fewer practical test alternatives available for science topics than there are for IGCSE.
In order to choose between IGCSE and Cambridge O level, it is necessary to understand the candidate’s objectives, the candidate’s ability in various courses, and the learning support (in the form of tuition and coaching) that is accessible to the candidate. The support that applicants require in order to make the best option and achieve success in these examinations will be provided by a tutoring service provider on that specializes in preparing students for success in these examinations.