Report cards are a terrific way to set new goals for the rest of the year and track progress. Kids don’t want to disappoint or anger their parents, and any negative feedback can generate severe worry for parents.
REPORT CARDS SIGNS
The most crucial thing to remember is that report cards show any classroom issues your child may have. Take that as a warning! Don’t wait for grades to decline and academic challenges to worsen. If you have concerns, act now before it’s too late! Learn how to enhance your child’s grades.
- Since this is the first report card of the year, any issues can be addressed quickly.
- Consider the teacher’s feedback! While grades are useful, comments provide a more holistic view of a student’s achievement.
- Contextualize your child’s report card. Some years are more difficult than others, like middle school or freshman year of high school.
- If you’re furious about the grades, postpone the talk. Talking about grades with your child should be done calmly and collectedly to avoid more stress. To start the discussion off right, mention anything positive about the report card.
- Listen carefully as your youngster expresses their concerns and opinions on their current education.
OUTFRONT THE RED FLAGS
As a parent, it may be time to explore additional assistance if your child is consistently bringing home poor scores. Get in touch with a Tiger Campus customer service near you right away to arrange for a trial class. We can assist your child with regaining his or her confidence in the classroom!