Contrary to popular assumption, students continue to use math after graduation. Math is present in everyday life long after school, so fostering math confidence at an early age is critical for long-term success.
When it comes to math, word problems are a major source of anxiety. These challenges need pupils reading and slowing down in order to completely comprehend the subject matter, which can be challenging in today’s environment of technology and distractions.
They have reading difficulties
The ability to read well aids in the identification of the problem. Therefore, if the learner is not a strong reader, he or she may have difficulty comprehending the subject matter.
They have difficulty understanding clues and concepts
Word problems contain hints that assist students in determining how to answer them. Nobody can recognize the clues and convert them into a numerical statement.
They aren’t bored or uninterested
Let’s face it: word problems are tedious. Students may become bored, lose focus on the problem, or rush through it, skipping critical components.
Get Rid of Your Word Problem Anxiety
This method can be taught to your child to help him or her solve word problems rapidly.
- READ – Several times, read the word issue aloud. The C.U.B.E.S.* technique encourages pupils to slow down and concentrate on the details.
- PLAN – After determining the operation of the problem, design a strategy for dealing with the most challenging phase.
- SOLVE – Determine the solution by thoroughly investigating the situation.
- CHECK – Confirm that the answer responds to the question. Is it reasonable in light of the data?
- CONCLUDE – End your response with a complete sentence. You may use problem-specific language to explain how the result was reached. Make sure your child fixes their final statement before submitting it to minimize small errors. Use these ways to ensure that your kid receives full credit!
* The C.U.B.E.S. Method
C – Make a circle around essential numbers and labels.
U – Highlight the question.
B – Box operation hints, such as multiplication, addition, and so on.
E – Consider the question. What information is currently available? What information is still necessary, if any at all?
S – Work things out step by step.
THERE IS A SOLUTION AT TIGER CAMPUS
We can assist your kid if he or she is still having difficulty with math word problems. Using our personalized math tutoring, you may put an end to your math aggravation. For students ranged from first grade to university level, we can provide assistance, educate them new study strategies, and instill the math confidence they require. Get in touch with us right away!